Did you know?
- 1 in 3 men and half of all women will need some form of Long Term care.
- According to SAGA the average time spent in care is four years.
- Local Authorities in the UK force the sale of around 70,000 private homes to pay for care each year, that is approximately 200 a day and this number is growing.
- Typical practices to protect assets, such as transferring them into children’s names etc are routinely reversed as they can be deemed to be ‘Deliberate Deprivation of Assets’.
- Only the last £14,250 of your assets is protected!
Why Setup An Asset Protection Trust?
An Asset Protection Trust (APT) is specifically designed to protect your hard worked for assets during your lifetime and to give you the peace of mind that they can pass on securely and intact to your spouse, your children and their bloodline (or other named beneficiaries) after your death.
A Will can only control the assets that you own at the date of your death and if these are eroded during your lifetime e.g. in the payment of Long Term Care Fees, there will be little if anything for your beneficiaries to inherit. With an Asset Protection Trust, so long as it is setup at the right time and in the correct way, you can ‘ring fence’ your assets such as your home and your savings.
Need help? Give us a call or request help by sending us a message through our contact page.
Simply click on the Contact us tab to the right.